BBC Countryfile

Started by Tim Riley, 23 Jun 2016, 14:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Riley

Countryfile spent a day filming Seafair in Milford Haven last week and they promised to make 6mins out of it so if you fancy seeing John Craven nearly getting wet and a few Bayraiders in the background then watch it Sunday 26th June. (or hopefully on Iplayer for those already en route for Mylor!)

Well as so many we're going to be at Mylor they decided to screen it another week so maybe next week it will be on!
BRe Ristie II
Ovni 39 Acheron

Tony

Caption 1
"It looks a bit....wobbly. Got anything bigger - more stable? ..and could you dry the seats, please?"

Caption 2
JC and camera crew got to the pub at Creswell - but, being the BBC, no one got a round in.
Tony:   CBL#1 "Four Sisters"
www.sailing-in-circles.blogspot.com
http://compare-a-sail.blogspot.com/

Rock Doctor

Damn and blast - I can't watch this BBC event on iPlayer because I live in Australia and BBC (bless their little black hearts) won't allow it to be played on computers with IP addresses outside UK. Does any one know if it is accessible via some other source. I have a connection with Wales and would thus like to view it.
Chris Robinson
BR20 "Gryphon"

Graham W

Chris,

When I was in Ethiopia, I got around this problem by using a VPN provider like IPVanish.  This spoofs the BBC and others with similar blocks into thinking that your computer is in the UK.  There are free VPN providers out there but the best ones charge a subscription of around $US10 a month.

$10 may seem a lot just to watch a few seconds of Tim on Ristie but if you have an iPad and an Apple TV box, you can download loads of programmes on iPlayer and then play them back on your TV.  Ethiopian TV wasn't always the most riveting and it was great to be able to watch the latest BBC programmes instead.

Matthew P

I enjoyed the scene where the presenter said something about "no serious racing" just as Ristie came rushing up in the background steered by Tim with a determined look about him....

It looked a lovely event with plenty interesting boats, beer and food but maybe too many pirates (not including Tim of course).

Matthew
BR20 Gladys
"Hilda", CLC Northeast[er], home build, epoxy ply, balanced lug
Previously "Tarika", BR17, yard built, epoxy-ply, gunter rigged
and "Gladys" BR20, GRP, gunter