Drying moorings

Started by trailing by, 20 May 2024, 12:35

Previous topic - Next topic

trailing by

I wonder if anyone with a BC23 has a drying mooring and has any advice to offer.  I have only had full swinging moorings before or marina berths so having the boat dry out around every LW is new to me.  Are there any issues with the copper coat or with the keel getting stuck or anything else that I haven't even considered?
The mooring I am being offered is soft mud on the bottom and will dry for around an hour or so either side of LW.
Thanks in advance.

Sea Simon

I posted some info about this topic, but about the BRe, rather than the BC 23. I think much info/experience probably is transferable BRe > BC23?
My BRe was fine,  once I'd sorted the mooring attachments. The foredeck area is relatively  "soft" (Yard advised reinforcement if fitting a central cleat or Sampson post) but the standard side deck cleats will allow secure mooring to a long-legged bridle.
I think the BC 23 has the advantage of a stout Sampson post on the foredeck?

Mine was copper coated. Worked well.

Imho... it will be fine.

Maybe break the "factory seal" on the centreboard case, so that you can get into it easily, should that be needed?
There are other posts about jiggling the up/downhaul on the centreboard,  so as to free it off when occasionally stuck.
BRe # 52 - "Two Sisters"  2016. Plank sprit, conventional jib. Asym spinn. Coppercoat. Honda 5. SOLD Nov 2022....
...From Oct 22.
BC 26 #1001. "Two Sisters 2", 2013. Alloy spars, Bermudan Sloop; fixed twin spade rudders, Beta diesel saildrive. Lift keel with lead bulb. Coppercoat. Cornwall UK.

trailing by

Thank you Sea Simon...now also confirmed by Lara that it'll be fine.  I wanted to check just incase.  Our plan is for a mooring initially and then, once we're used to sailing, to look at trailing elsewhere.