Semaine du Golfe 2025

Started by stef, 20 Jun 2024, 16:29

Previous topic - Next topic

stef

Hello,
that's it the pre-registration for "La semaine du Golfe 2025" are open.
See the website:  https://www.semainedugolfe.com/

several French swallows are pre-registered
nautical greetings

Stéphane
Stef
BR 20  n° 53 "GWEL AR MOR"

MarkDarley

Stephane,

I am bringing my Baycruiser 23, Foxwhelp, to the Morbihan for two weeks of cruising from late September to mid October hoping to miss the crowds.

Which is the best location to launch, and perhaps more importantly, to park my car and trailer for two weeks?

We will be ashore in Bono for three nights around Sept 25th so it might be good to have the car not too far away?

I sailed in Le Semaine in 2017 with a different boat out of Port Navalo but would like to be closer to the north coast for launching.

Any advice would be very welcome.

Thank you,
Mark

Mark Darley,
Baycruiser 23, "Foxwhelp" in UK
GRP Swallow Bayraider 20 "Kelpie" in Northern California.

Llafurio

From what I know I think Locqmariaquer could be a good "homeport" for you during your time in the Morbihan. They have a fine little marina there, and the harbourmaster Mr. Pierre speaks very good english, and is very accommodating.
Dunno about the longer term parking there, but then, both Port Blanc and Larmor Baden offer hardly any.
Same, I think, Le Bono.
Another option could be the marina at Arradon. They do have a slipway, and parking.
C.
Ex various Drascombes, ex SeaRaider (WE) #1 "Craic", ex BR20 (GRE) "Llafurio", ex BR20 (GRP) "Tipsy", currently BRE (modified for open sea passages) "Homer", Drascombe Drifter "27". Homeport: Rossdohan

stef

I Mark,
if you want to be further north in the Gulf, I'm thinking of the slipway at Arradon (see the harbour office for prices). There are usually car parks near the sports hall or the municipal campsite (check with the town hall if this is authorised for a fortnight).
There's another slipway near Vannes, but I'm less familiar with it.
I asked the question on our WhatsApp group for more information and I'll keep you posted.

Bests regards,  Stef
Stef

stef

Hi Mark,
The answer from D'Jack, who lives near Vannes, is also the slipway at Arradon.
He recommends asking at the sailing school if there's room for a trailer (at this time of year, perhaps).
On the other hand, it's best to launch before mid-tide to avoid the mud at the bottom of the slipway.
Happy sailing in Brittany ;)
Stef

Robin

I have just returned from the Golfe. As above, the slipway at Arradon is available. It does get very busy with RIBs launching around high tide (ok for about 2hrs either side but tricky at neaps and you will be immersing the wheels). Lots of sailing school groups going out, but maybe less outside of school holidays. If you can launch on a weekday it is easier. You are unlikely to have success leaving your trailer in the sailing club area but it was no problem leaving it in the trailer area at the nearby school, and the car in the parking area 100yds up the road. There are visitor moorings, and I managed to get on the pontoon when I needed to be on land, should be fine in mid Sept. 

MarkDarley

Thanks all for the advice.  Based on added advice from local members of the Dinghy Cruising Association I'm headed for Arradon. The Captainerie says that at this time of year we can park at the school for a week but we will explore other options to see if we can extend that.
We might stop off at the yard in Baden on the way to see if they can accommodate the car and trailer for longer if we pay to use their slipway. I got no answer to an email, whereas Arradon was very responsive.
On the ferry right now, and the weather is looking good!
Mark Darley,
Baycruiser 23, "Foxwhelp" in UK
GRP Swallow Bayraider 20 "Kelpie" in Northern California.