Forum Upgrade 28th Aug 2024

Started by Jonathan Stuart, 28 Aug 2024, 10:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan Stuart

Hi all,

FYI, I'm planning to upgrade the forum software today (28th August), so the forum will be unavailable for some of the morning (UK time). I'll do this as quickly as possible.

Jonathan
Jonathan

Ex - BayCruiser 26 #11 "Bagpuss"
Ex - BayRaider Expedition #3 "Mallory"

Jonathan Stuart

I've upgraded the forum and it appears to be working. There are a few loose ends still to tidy-up and I'll do that shortly. Everything looks different but I'm sure we'll get used to that. Let me know if you find any issues.

Update - I've finished, so if you find an issue then let me know because I'm not planning to fix it. The biggest change, apart from the forum's look & feel, is the forum now opens in a new tab rather than being embedded in the SYA website. That should vastly improve the display of forum pages on smartphones, etc, and also reduces the site's complexity, which in turn should make it easier for someone else to manage. Hopefully this doesn't cause you any problems.
Jonathan

Jonathan Stuart

Following the upgrade, members can now "Like" other members' posts and you can tag another member in your post by typing @ and their username. When tagged in a post, the member will receive a notification.

I've also enabled further security in the hope that it reduces spammers, etc.
Jonathan

Sea Simon

Thank you for your continued work on administering this forum, it is much appreciated.
BRe # 52 - "Two Sisters"  2016. Plank sprit, conventional jib. Asym spinn. Coppercoat. Honda 5. SOLD Nov 2022....
...From Oct 22.
BC 26 #1001. "Two Sisters 2", 2013. Alloy spars, Bermudan Sloop; fixed twin spade rudders, Beta diesel saildrive. Lift keel with lead bulb. Coppercoat. Cornwall UK.