Camino Way trek in memory of the late John Westoby (Skipper BRE "ELLA")

Started by Lwestoby, 09 Oct 2024, 11:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Lwestoby

IN MEMORY OF my late husband JOHN WESTOBY former Skipper of BR20 then BRE "Ella"
On October 19th I head off with a group of lovely people for the "Conquer the Camino Way for St Michael's Hospice" challenge. Suddenly it has come round! For anyone who hasn't sponsored me but might yet like to do so the link is below. And a huge thanks to those who so generously have done so
The pilgrimage takes in the eighth and final section of the "French Way" ending in Santiago di Compostella. St Michael's Hospice are organising this fundraising challenge through The Different Travel Company.
For me the trek is also a thank you to our wonderful hospice in Herefordshire for the way they eased the path so much for John's last difficult few months, and through their wonderful care allowed him to end his life peacefully and with dignity in the hospice. I am in the fortunate position to be able to fund my trip costs myself, so that all the funds and sponsorship that I'm able to raise will go to St Michael's Hospice.
I shall attempt to upload a record of my trek either during or afterwards, and I shall be posting on Facebook too.
For anyone kind enough to donate, during the process be sure to check and adjust as you wish the sliding scale where Just Giving otherwise takes a substantial "tip" by default!
https://www.justgiving.com/page/linda-westoby-in-memory-john

Llafurio

Ex various Drascombes, ex SeaRaider (WE) #1 "Craic", ex BR20 (GRE) "Llafurio", ex BR20 (GRP) "Tipsy", currently BRE (modified for open sea passages) "Homer", Drascombe Drifter "27". Homeport: Rossdohan

Lwestoby

Claus, thank you so much, and for your most kind sponsorship donation. John I know would have been so touched if he could have known! Vielen herzgefülten Dank!